My PATH is a community partnership program based at Connections for Learning that offers students a diverse blend of health and wellness activities to compliment the core academic schedule. My PATH is open to students in Grades 1-9 who meet the program criteria.
The structure of a typical school day in this unique program-of-choice is characterized by core academic subject learning taught by ATA-certified teachers in the mornings, followed by afternoon programming that includes physical activity, visual and performing arts, technology and health education. The afternoon programs are taught by community partners who specialize in these areas, offering students enhanced learning opportunities.
Students can choose from three CFL program options to fill the core academic portion of their schedule. The coordinating My PATH programming begins in the afternoon, and all students enrolled in My PATH must attend in-person at CFL.
My PATH Program focuses on addressing the evidence-based gaps and issues in these areas (as identified by both parents and education research):
- Physical Literacy and Healthy Behaviours
- Social/Emotional Learning
- Mental Health
- Civic Engagement
- Environmental Stewardship
- Intergenerational Learning
- Community Connection - Students learn about and build a stronger connection to their community by participating in citizenship activities and learning from a variety of community partners.
- Student and Parent Engagement - My PATH offers ways for students and their families to help co-design the programming to create engaging learning opportunities. The Parent Advisory Committee works closely with the Program Coordinator to provide feedback and insight, and help with fundraising initiatives.
- Experiential Learning Practices - Students learn by practicing and trying a variety of different activities taught by experts in their fields. The My PATH program provides a hands-on experience for optimal learning.
For more information about the My PATH program, check out our Program Details page and visit the My PATH website. You can also subscribe to the program newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and check out the My PATH Program on Facebook and Instagram.
If you are considering this learning opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us at the school office to discuss the benefits of choosing the My PATH program.
For more information contact:
Connections For Learning