Programs Moving Locations
Hello Current High School Outreach, Junior High Outreach and Your Program students and families,
We are sending this message to announce some exciting changes coming to our programming for the 2020-2021 school year at Connections For Learning, Family Connection Center, Stony Outreach and Spruce Outreach locations. The reason for this change is to be able to better meet the needs of students and provides us with a number of opportunities that will benefit our students. Examples of these benefits include:
- Increased teacher availability to support students
- Increased teacher and student collaboration
- Increase in variety of learning opportunities
- Division consistency in programming and supports
- More flexibility and choice for students
- Increased community partner opportunities
This change will have an impact on some of our students currently attending at Family Connection Centre, Spruce Outreach and Stony Outreach locations.
- All High School Outreach programming will be run out of the Spruce Outreach location. Stony Plain Outreach will still be available as a workplace for High School students with access to our High School Outreach staff.
- Junior High Outreach programming will be located at the Stony Plain Outreach location (across from Boston Pizza).
- Virtual Learning home base will be located at Stony Plain Outreach location.
- Your Program students will be located at Connections For Learning.
This means that students currently attending the Junior High Outreach and Your Program at Family Connection Centre will be moving. Students who are moving locations will be able to access the same materials as they have used in the past as well as using materials and expertise of staff in the other locations.
We want to facilitate a smooth transition as possible and look forward to continuing to work with families to best serve students' needs. We understand that there are many individual factors that play into your child’s learning and location. We are confident we can collaborate with each family to design a plan that works for every student. If you have any questions about the transition or feedback specific to your child please contact your child's teacher or administration at the Connections for Learning Office.
Principal, Connections for Learning